pouët.net

Your children

category: general [glöplog]
knl: have you ever read Ira Levin's 'Boys from Brazil'?

yeah..
added on the 2008-11-06 16:49:48 by okkie okkie
gibt blöde und saublöde fragen.... ich frag mich aber dabei langsam wieso manche einen Computer haben...
adok didnt get born, he was deduced from string theory!
For me it was unexpected (an accident if you will). Then she turned out to be an incredible young person. Hard work? Oh yes. Rewarding - betcha. I also wondered why people did it or got married or - ugh, called their wives every night! Then, as I developed from being emotionally retarded I got it.

I'd also say people have kids because nobody told them it would be bloody difficult to do it right ;-).

added on the 2008-11-06 21:38:02 by auld auld
I'll probably never have kids. I don't want any. ever. if I ever get a girlfriend/boyfriend* who wants kids, then that's THEIR problem. I like kids, but I can't stand them for too long, their carefree and playful view on the world makes me jealous.


...but I'll never get laid anyway, so problem solved.

(* Yes, I know that men can't have kids.. that's what adoption is for)
Knoeki, you're 16. Get back to us in about a decade and a half :)
added on the 2008-11-07 12:09:04 by okkie okkie
Quote:

Knoeki, you're 16.


AAAhhhhhh these moments, where you thought everything you believed was worth being said... :DDDD
added on the 2008-11-07 12:19:46 by __ __
LOL :)
Knoeki is 18 though.. He'd be a great father!
added on the 2008-11-07 12:23:33 by Sander Sander
Child's Play 64 - Son of Knoeki
added on the 2008-11-07 12:45:42 by havoc havoc
My girl starts really... REALLY... talking about it. I don't feel ready at all.
added on the 2008-11-07 12:48:21 by __ __
Kaneel: Use a condom if you still want to do music :)
added on the 2008-11-07 12:51:38 by chromag chromag
@chromag: false, i'm a living proof !
@kaneel: in fact, nobody's ready. just go for it if you want to.
added on the 2008-11-07 13:09:23 by willbe willbe
Why don't you people adopt some kids instead. Lots of kids in the world without parents.
knoeki is for sure the new pixman of the c64 scene.
added on the 2008-11-07 13:18:09 by Fzool Fzool
I've had that thought aswell Jigs. And I can understand that those kids needs to be protected and all but the procedures to take in some of them are so tiresome and beaucratic (and ghastly expensive) that most give up before even going there. Any and all idiot can have their own kids to abuse unless they are sterile, there are no control with their income, no psychological profiling is made etc...
added on the 2008-11-07 13:20:12 by NoahR NoahR
@chromag: ooooooshit, thank you, I was about to make a huge mistake... except for some ears :)

@willbe: here it is, Its not I don't want, it's not I want..I still don't know!

@Jigs: the adoption is not the same than having a kid that is actually having some similarities with you. Yes, it's selfish I'm sorry :/
added on the 2008-11-07 13:38:20 by __ __
practice by getting a dog first!
has two cats.
added on the 2008-11-07 14:27:03 by __ __
knl: cave in for the pressure. come on!
added on the 2008-11-07 15:05:41 by quisten quisten
Evolution, rapid reproduction gives some advantage to survival of the species. Natural selection etc.

I am a little worried about the fact that natural selection is removed from human population through welfare programs. Human beings have less evolutionary pressures than ever while exerting evolutionary pressure on every other species in ways we have not began to comprehand.

You know what this leads to? Super grizly bears and bees with iqs of 200. We are all fucked.

added on the 2008-11-07 15:32:38 by alumunum alumunum
I think that if the topic comes, i'll simply reply: wat?
added on the 2008-11-07 15:35:01 by __ __
Optanes:
Quote:
Why are you acting? You could have posted the link in the first place.
I'm not acting. I found the page after starting this thread.
added on the 2008-11-07 16:07:39 by Adok Adok
ekoli: My dream is to become a researcher. When I started studying at university I took an IQ test because I wanted to see if I fulfil the mental requirements for this aim.
added on the 2008-11-07 16:10:17 by Adok Adok
Dear Adok,

I am a researcher. I may as well have the brain of a sea slug because it is thankless, mindless work 90% of the time and the other 10% of the time, someone cleverer than you has all the good ideas you need to do the task anyway. Hope this helps.

Regards,
An actual real world researcher
added on the 2008-11-07 16:14:07 by forestcre forestcre

login