MountainBytes 2021 - February 19th - 21st, Cham, Switzerland

category: parties [glöplog]

After a six-year break, Echtzeit and the organizers of Buenzli/Demodays are finally continuing the Swiss Demoparty-tradition.

Stay tuned for more information as well as the invitation later this year, and mark

February 19th - 21st, 2021
Cham, Canton of Zug, Switzerland

in your calendars.

There will be snow (visible on the mountain peaks in the distance), there will be old friends and new.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Switzerland!


(Due to the current situation and the likeliness that countermeasures will still be imposed, we will apply all necessary precautions as set by the BAG (Swiss Federal Department of Health). The health of you, our organizers, families and friends takes first priority.)
added on the 2020-04-11 23:43:26 by Shana Shana
BB Image BB Image BB Image
added on the 2020-04-11 23:45:14 by psykon psykon
Awesome! I'll be there! <3
added on the 2020-04-12 00:10:13 by v3nom v3nom
aaaaand correct url:
added on the 2020-04-12 00:51:44 by las las
added on the 2020-04-12 01:03:17 by psenough psenough
! ! !
added on the 2020-04-12 01:28:14 by algorias algorias
Das finde ich sehr gut!
added on the 2020-04-12 02:08:56 by mbb mbb
I'm redeemed. Thank you for getting this started, lovely Mountainbytes-folks <3
added on the 2020-04-12 10:58:03 by unlock unlock
Well. Someone still has to get the OHP-compo organized. We may talk about redemption afterwards. <3
added on the 2020-04-12 15:48:13 by Shana Shana
For the unlikely case of MountainBytes having to take place online, I'm really looking forward to do the OHP competition from my basement.
added on the 2020-04-12 21:10:59 by unlock unlock
Hey there!

We were pretty busy for the past couple of months, so it got a bit quiet. But it was certainly worth it:

We've worked on a "demoparty" Safety and Prevention Concept, and added some features and services to hopefully do justice to the situation.
Our hope is that with enough effort and ideas as well as a bit of luck, we can make the difference between postponing/canceling and actually seeing you guys again, moving forward from online events. Feel free to chime in, give your opinion, issues you see or further ideas.

We also struck some pretty good accomodation deals, already starting at 20 CHF (19 Euro)/night, to give more sanitary options than sleeping in the hall.

Head over to our homepage for more information and an introduction to our country, the location and the neighbourhood!
added on the 2020-06-13 23:37:58 by Shana Shana
Most excellent! snow and demo = :)
added on the 2020-06-17 18:05:11 by DaD1916 DaD1916
Big news, ladies and gentlemen!

We are finally starting our presale, and we finally published the Compo Rules.

Head over to www.mountainbytes.ch to preorder your ticket, accommodation and T-shirts.

Also, as you can imagine art funds are pretty busy with artist emergency funds this year, and sponsorship is a bit of a challenge. So if you can (and want to) muster it, we are also introducing Cowee-Bonds to cover for the party expenses. You can buy them in steps of 10 CHF (around 9€), and would of course earn our eternal gratitude. We would be really glad about anyone who can help us getting "the cow off the ice", as they so fittingly say in German.

Also the authorities received our detail prevention concept and are rather happy with it. We also came up with a couple of new features that will hopefully aid the minimum safety distance, such as deckchairs in front of the bigscreen, opening up the tribune during Compos and moving the Interactive Game Compo to the Gamecorner you may still recall from Buenzli/Demodays. By that, you'll be able to present and play all entries yourself in the loftier foyer. Of course masks will be mandatory in critical spots.
Also, another compo will be outside of the mainhall: Introducing the 3D-Print Compo! We're really eager to see what you are going to come up with on that platform!

Nevertheless things may of course change for the worse. We now set the final Go/No-Go date for the party to January 10th, 2021.
This is way before any costs occur for you from booked accommodations. It was important to us that we can plan with you and receive as many preorders as possible, while at the same time ensuring you won't face massive expenses when we have to cancel.
Swiss, SBB and their partners do offer quite good fares a month in advance, so like this we're hopeful that we can keep things flexible for you.

We are really looking forward to seeing you again, trying to create an environment where you can feel as safe as it gets at this time.

Please let us know if you can think of anything else, or have any questions. We're continuing to build as many measures that will hopefully feel more like features to you. :)
added on the 2020-09-28 13:28:27 by Shana Shana
Thanks m'dear. I am and remain hopelessly glöpless.
added on the 2020-09-28 15:45:47 by Shana Shana
My pleasure. Still owe you a drink for the nice face mask (totally forgot that during UC).
added on the 2020-09-28 18:25:39 by RufUsul RufUsul
Hey there! I just wanted to post a huge THANK YOU to everyone who already ordered their ticket with us.

An even bigger thanks has to go out to all the purchasers of Cowee-Bonds, I can't thank you enough for this. Seeing how so many people are willing to support us and jump in especially in the current lack of sponsorship (as venom also mentioned in his Deadline-statement) is just breathtaking...
However, we of course promise that we are still working hard to find more sponsors, and we'll of course be transparent in case of a surplus.


We can then only gauge our safety measures again and again to see if we can release further tickets or may have to introduce a waitinglist.
There will likely be no box-office sale due to the information and validation effort we have with the contact tracing. So the earlier you actually order, the more you help us with all of this, and we are able to regularly update our authorities about expected participants.
Additionally, I am of course mortified by the idea of having a waiting list and then chosing who could or couldn't come. Obviously we want to see all of you. <3

Switzerland is and remains comparatively supportive of cultural events in its regulations, but that doesn't mean that things can't change or we as organizers can't impose stronger rules (we do indeed as of now).
Imagine our Canton only gets a mask mandate for shops as of this weekend...

We will of course keep everyone updated, and also reach out individually to ticket holders when we see their countries slipping onto warning lists, finding solutions together with you.
added on the 2020-10-07 09:54:29 by Shana Shana