Which kind of software you usually buy ?

category: general [glöplog]
This short survey is a consciencious thinking considering the time spent to create and the fact that demos have always be money free.
added on the 2007-05-16 15:24:10 by L.C.F. L.C.F.
The operating system and the compiler. For everything else I use free stuff.
added on the 2007-05-16 15:26:19 by Preacher Preacher
Is that another another cheap attempt to spam us with your lkt/blacksmith stuff again? No thanks, the oneliner was enough for me.
added on the 2007-05-16 15:27:06 by keops keops
added on the 2007-05-16 15:27:22 by Pulsar Pulsar
Zut, y en a qui sont plus rapide que moi ;)
added on the 2007-05-16 15:28:19 by Pulsar Pulsar
Cracks. For everything else I use free stuff.
added on the 2007-05-16 15:29:16 by havoc havoc
I just go to other people's houses and steal their pro tools.
added on the 2007-05-16 15:33:25 by teel teel
I download everything which is not free stuff. Or wait... no... I download free stuff too. ;)
added on the 2007-05-16 15:34:41 by masterm masterm
Helping other people is not selling a software. To sell software we provoque alienations. (publicity,etc). Usually there is a part that do contradictory...
added on the 2007-05-16 15:51:01 by L.C.F. L.C.F.
barti, when your doctor said 'talk about it' he didn't exactly mean taking nonsense out on the public. =)
added on the 2007-05-16 15:58:23 by dalezr dalezr
Lots of console games
added on the 2007-05-16 16:06:36 by dairos dairos
keops: stop that, atleast give the man the benefit of the doubt before starting to smash bottles.
added on the 2007-05-16 16:25:57 by psenough psenough
Usually games. But not that many. I use "free" software.
added on the 2007-05-16 16:44:24 by xernobyl xernobyl
i paid the operating system. everything else is free (or at least still valid shareware)
added on the 2007-05-16 18:43:17 by rmeht rmeht
The last time I paid for software was probably almost a year ago when I bought Tony Hawk for my DS. Then again I am a linux user so what would I buy... ;)
added on the 2007-05-16 18:53:52 by Sverker Sverker
meht: Funny you talk about sharewares, numerous people go throught peer-to-peer file share instead of instances of sharewares... There are good softwares. Recently I've found a really good library use kind of free software for mucic files. A good initiative, I think.
added on the 2007-05-16 19:10:43 by L.C.F. L.C.F.
basically... professional music software
because it's the only warez who pay for itself in my case
added on the 2007-05-16 19:26:59 by EviL EviL
buy....? software?

OpenSource \o/
added on the 2007-05-16 19:35:58 by LiraNuna LiraNuna
Let's see...
Little Sound Dj

I think that's all the software I ever payed for... Amazing!
added on the 2007-05-16 19:40:51 by nitro2k01 nitro2k01
Speaking of not paying for software, anyone know a free Mathematica clone for Linux?
added on the 2007-05-16 19:51:33 by Sverker Sverker
Ok, I paid for the OS but it came with the computer. Otherwize I only pay for games because of the artistisc creativity and devotion behind them. I would not pay for, say Photoshop or MS Office, and I don't use it. Why? Because it is the same shit they've sold to us the last 10 years with some extra crapfunctions smacked on top. I use open source for 90% of everything I do with my comp, the other 10% is watching DVD's with PowerDVD.
added on the 2007-05-16 19:56:29 by El Topo El Topo
tribe: no, unfortunately.

Ok, just to be clear: shareware and p2p protocols are apples and angora sweaters. Combining the two causes severe FACEPALM disorder. FACEPALM disorder hurts. STOP IT.
tribe: they say Maxima is somehow good, but i never tried it...
added on the 2007-05-16 20:11:42 by rmeht rmeht
games and opensource software.
added on the 2007-05-16 20:11:48 by _-_-__ _-_-__